Amazon Echo Dot - 2nd Generation (Philippines compatible version)
Echo Dot is a hands-free, voice-controlled device with a small built-in speaker—it can also connect to your speakers or headphones over Bluetooth or through a 3.5 mm audio cable to deliver stereo sound to the speakers you choose.
Echo Dot connects to the Alexa Voice Service, an intelligent personal assistant, that responds to its wake word, “Alexa”. It serves as a home automation hub to control your smart home devices with a voice command (i.e. “Alexa, turn on lamp at 6pm”, “Alexa, set the lights to relaxing mode”).
This device is capable also of music playback, streaming podcast, playing audiobooks, making to-do lists, setting alarms, sending messages or making calls, and providing weather, traffic and other real-time information (i.e. “Alexa, what is the weather for today?”, Alexa, remind me in 10 minutes to take a shower”, “Alexa, how many teaspoons in a tablespoon?”)
- Smart Home Control – with only your voice command, Amazon Echo connects to your smart home appliances and devices to switch on/off your lights and fixtures, change TV channels, control volume, set the thermostat setting and all other smart home devices capabilities.
- Audio Player – plays music or podcast from Spotify, iHeartRadio, Pandora, Amazon Music Library, AppleMusic, TuneIn and other music streaming services. Echo can also play audio-books, radio stations, news briefs, and more. It can play music simultaneously across Echo devices with multi-room music.
- Personal Assistant - your own personal assistant to check your incoming schedule by asking what is on your Google calendar and stay on time and organized with voice-controlled alarms, timers, shopping lists and to do lists.
- Hand-Free Phone – call or message anyone hands-free with your Echo device. Also, instantly connect to other Echo devices in your home using just your voice.
- Real-time Information - answers questions, reads the news, reports traffic and weather, gives info on local businesses, provides sports scores and schedules, and more using the Alexa Voice Service.
- Far-field Voice Recognition - With seven microphones, beamforming technology, and noise cancellation, Echo hears you from any direction—even while music is playing.
Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino's, DISH, and more.
Size: 32 mm x 84 mm x 84 mm
Weight: 163 grams
Wi-Fi Connectivity: Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 2.4 and 5 GHz
Audio: 3.5 mm stereo audio output
Communications Technology: Bluetooth, WiFi
Speaker Channel Type: mono
Power adapter (9W)
Quick Start Guide.
We are enjoying Alexa tremendously. It took us time on how to make Alexa work though. There was no instruction how Alexa can be used in the Philippine Setting.
We Also Recommend
PS100 Electricity Saver Single Touch Switch Turn off Electricity (works with Alexa & Home)
Amazon Echo Dot Rechargeable Docking Speaker with 6-hours Battery Life