Amazon Echo 2nd Generation
Amazon Echo 2nd Generation
Amazon Echo is a hands-free speaker you control with your voice
What is Echo?
Amazon Echo is a hands-free speaker you control with your voice. Echo connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music, ask questions, make calls, send and receive messages, provide information, news, sports scores, weather, and more-instantly. All you have to do is ask.
Echo has an enhanced speaker that now features Dolby processing for improved immersive sound. It has seven microphones and beamforming technology so it can hear you from across the room-even while music is playing. When you want to use Echo, just say the wake word "Alexa" and Echo responds instantly.
Voice Control Music
The 2nd generation Echo has a 2.5” downward-firing woofer and 0.6” tweeter powered by Dolby to deliver crisp vocals and dynamic bass throughout the room. You can play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more. With Amazon Music, you can search by lyrics, time-period, or let Alexa pick the music for you. You can also listen to audiobooks from Audible, podcasts, radio stations, news briefs, and more.
"Alexa, play music everywhere"
Want to play music on an Echo in another room? Now with multi-room music, you can tell Alexa to play across your compatible Echo devices. Tell Alexa to play jazz in the kitchen, top pop in the family room, or play the same song throughout your whole home.
Hands free calling and messaging
With Echo, you can talk to anyone hands-free—no tapping or searching required. Your contacts will see your number when they receive the call so they know who is calling. Set up your voice profile and teach Alexa to recognize your voice. When you say, “Alexa, call Mom”, Alexa will call your mom, even if you have multiple users in your home. Additionally, you can send messages via voice or text to anyone with a supported Echo device or the Alexa App.
Far-field voice recognition
Tucked under the light ring is an array of seven microphones that use beamforming technology and enhanced noise cancellation. The 2nd generation Echo has improved wake-word performance to hear you ask a question from any direction—even in noisy environments or while playing music at loud volumes.When you want to use Echo, simply say the wake word, “Alexa,” and Echo lights up and connects to the cloud, where the Alexa Voice Service recognizes and responds to your request instantly.
Alexa is always getting smarter—the more you use Echo, the more Alexa adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary, and personal preferences. And because Echo is always connected, updates are delivered automatically.Just in the last few months we’ve added Alexa calling and messaging, multi-room music, voice profiles, and reminders, along with skills from third-party developers.
* All-new Echo (2nd Gen) has a new speaker, new design, and is available in a range of styles including fabrics and wood veneers.
* Echo connects to Alexa to play music, make calls, set alarms and timers, ask questions, control smart home devices, and more—instantly.Just ask for a song, artist, or genre from Amazon Music, Spotify,
* Pandora, and more. With multi-room music, you can play music on compatible Echo devices in different rooms.
* Echo can also play audiobooks, radio stations, news briefs, and more.Call or message anyone hands-free with your Echo device. Also, instantly connect to other Echo devices in your home using just your voice.
* New speaker, now with Dolby processing for crisp vocals and dynamic bass response. Echo can fill the room with 360° omnidirectional audio.
* With seven microphones, beamforming technology, and noise cancellation, Echo hears you from any direction—even while music is playing
* Just ask Alexa to check your calendar, weather, traffic, and sports scores, manage to-do and shopping lists, control your compatible smart lights, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, and more
* Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new features and skills. Just ask Alexa to control your TV, request an Uber, order a pizza, and more.